Presentation of the village of Cordon
When the dream of a holiday in the Alps becomes a reality...
Imagine a small mountain village nestling on the flanks of a montain range, at 3000 ft altitude, with its fields, roads and tracks, traditional chalets and farmhouses, some as old as 200 years. An authentic village which has kept its quality of life intact, in line with the seasons and the old traditional festivals.
Now think of the Mont-Blanc range laid out before you in all its splendour (when you come here you will understand why the village of Cordon has become known as the 'balcony of Mont-Blanc') and with the Aravis mountains behind you. It is hard to come up with a better place to get away from it all, to contemplate or quite simply recharge your batteries !
It is, none the less, a modern village with ancient roots where it is possible to ski among pine trees and old chalets, where you find all sorts of walks and hikes, where you can find the usual wide range of accommodation, where your curious and exacting taste buds will savour the local specialities, where the numerous local groups and associations invite you to share in their festivities and events, and where the local shopkeepers gladly open their doors to you whether for your daily needs or a special gift or souvenir to make your holidays complete !
No need to look any further: it is all here in Cordon !
In the very heart of the Mont-Blanc region...
You are going to fall in love with our village and resort : the children will be happy, so as parents, you will be happy and content as well !
And for those of you with an adventurous spirit, there are other towns and resorts close-by : Megève, Combloux, Chamonix, Sallanches or Martigny and Geneva in Switzerland or even Aosta in Italy...
Cordon is waiting for you...
Prepare to be surprised !
Information on the village
- Altitude : 871 m (2558 ft)
- Altitude of the ski resort : 1000 to 1600 m (3280 to 5250 ft)
- Altitude of the highest point in the commune of Cordon : Croisse Baulet 2236 m (7336 ft)
- The Aravis massif : la pointe percée 2750 m (9022 ft)
- Surface area of the commune : 2 235 ha (5000 acres)
- Number of inhabitants : 1014
- Number of beds : approximately 4000
- Number of school children in Cordon (nursery and primary school) : 100+-
- Number of working farms : 35 (only a few have more than 50 head of cattle)